Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz
Cc: thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com, nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, takuma(dot)hoshiai(at)gmail(dot)com, amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com, alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date: 2020-10-01 04:43:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2020/10/01 13:03, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 09:42:45AM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>>> I am asking because these patch sets are now getting closer to
>>> committable state in my opinion, and if there's someting wrong, it
>>> should be fixed soon so that these patches are getting into the master
>>> branch.
>>>
>>> I think this feature has been long awaited by users and merging the
>>> patches should be a benefit for them.
>>
>> I don't have much thoughts to offer about that, but this patch is
>> failing to apply, so a rebase is at least necessary.
>
> Yes. I think he is going to post a new patch (possibly with
> enhancements) soon.

When I glanced the doc patch (i.e., 0012), I found some typos.

+ <command>CRATE INCREMENTAL MATERIALIZED VIEW</command>, for example:

Typo: CRATE should be CREATE ?

+ with <literal>__ivm_</literal> and they contains information required

Typo: contains should be contain ?

+ For exmaple, here are two materialized views based on the same view

Typo: exmaple should be example ?

+ maintenance can be lager than <command>REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW</command>

Typo: lager should be larger ?

+postgres=# SELECt * FROM m; -- automatically updated

Typo: SELECt should be SELECT ?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao