Re: Compiler warnings fix

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiler warnings fix
Date: 2009-01-27 12:47:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
> Here is a patch to surpress compiler warnings in pg_locale.c and pg_regress.c.
>
> There are following warnings if nls is enabled:
> pg_locale.c: In function `pg_perm_setlocale':
> pg_locale.c:161: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> and if nls is disabled:
> pg_locale.c:615: warning: 'IsoLocaleName' defined but not used
>
> There is also a warning in pg_regress.c:
> pg_regress.c: In function `wait_for_tests':
> pg_regress.c:1367: warning: passing arg 2 of `GetExitCodeProcess' from incompatible pointer type

Applied (as two separate patches since I missed that there were two
files initially).

I agree with other comments that #ifdef:ing on LC_MESSAGES may not be
the greatest-looking solution, but the code that calls it is ifdef:ed
that way, so mimicking that seems like the right thing to do at this time.

//Magnus