Re: cleanup smgr.c of tablespace call

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cleanup smgr.c of tablespace call
Date: 2009-01-15 14:53:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This trivial patch moves a misplaced tablespace.c call from smgr.c into
> the newly created storage.c. This is appropriate because smgr.c is
> supposed to be bare metal, and storage.c has the high-level calls.

None of the existing functions in storage.c have SMgrRelation in the
signature, that seems out of place.

When creating an extra fork for FSM or VM, the main fork should already
exist, so the TablespaceCreateDbspace call is not necessary.

If you want to move the TablespaceCreateDbspace call to a higher level,
I think you could just add it to RelationCreateStorage and
XLogReadBufferExtended.

--
Heikki Linnakangas