Postgres-R (8) Architecture published

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres-R (8) Architecture published
Date: 2009-01-13 20:23:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear hackers,

during the last three months, I've compiled my thoughts and ideas around
Postgtres-R into a rounded concept covering lots of aspects. It
integrates findings from up-to-date research papers and it's meant to
lighten up the future direction of development for Postgres-R. See
www.postgres-r.org/about/news/concept

I'm curious to get to know what you think about it and what I can do to
ease review of Postgres-R in general.

Also note that I welcome the current log shipping approach and think of
Postgres-R as a future enhancement which can benefit from the experience
with other replication solutions.

A short PSA: I am currently looking for work. My background is primarily
in development (ANSI C, C++ w/ STL, Python, JavaScript), databases and
distributed systems. If you have need for custom development, preferably
related to Postgres, please contact me offlist for more information.

Regards

Markus Wanner