Re: Trying to create implicit casts to text in PG 8.3

From: Aleksander Kmetec <aleksander(dot)kmetec(at)intera(dot)si>
To: Emanuel Calvo Franco <postgres(dot)arg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: General PostgreSQL List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trying to create implicit casts to text in PG 8.3
Date: 2009-01-13 16:43:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Emanuel Calvo Franco wrote:
> You add the cast's but not the operator.
> The cast is in other way (try to compare with a text '13')
> for example.

Thanks. I added both "||(double precision, text)" and "||(text, double precision)" operators and it works now.

But I'm wondering: do I need to do anything else besides creating implicit casts and adding missing operators? And will
this introduce any side effects which are not compatible with 8.2 and might break my queries in unpredictable ways?

Regards,
Aleksander