Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale
Date: 2009-01-12 10:06:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 11:46 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> If we try to fix those cases I think we should try to fix Turkish i
>> as well ... but I concur that first requires determining if it's
>> behaving wrong or not. Devrim, or someone?
>
> What exactly do you want to see?

Using a glibc system, initdb with --locale=tr_TR (or tr_TR.utf8 or
whatever) and run make installcheck. You should see test failures in
the tsearch and tsdicts tests that appear to relate to issues with
lowercasing the "I" letter correctly. And then use your language skills
to determine what the correct behavior is. ;-)

Note that on Mac OS X with tr_TR locales, the tests do not fail.

I actually suspect that both current answers are wrong.