Re: Latest version of Hot Standby patch

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Latest version of Hot Standby patch
Date: 2009-01-07 11:18:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

There's still something wrong with the way subtransactions are handled.
I got:

postgres=# SELECT * FROM foo;
ERROR: could not access status of transaction 118649
DETAIL: Could not open file "pg_subtrans/0001": No such file or directory.

in the standby after some testing.

I created a lot of subtransactions in the master, each inserting a row
to table 'foo', and left the transaction open. In another session, I did
a lot of dummy activity (truncate bar; insert into bar ...) to generate
WAL, and also checkpoints and pg_xlog_switch() calls. I then restarted
the standby, and got the above error.

--
Heikki Linnakangas