Re: Need idea for a web framework for NLS site

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
Cc: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need idea for a web framework for NLS site
Date: 2008-12-30 17:59:26
Lists: pgsql-www

Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> I think that mail fail point nr 1 above :-P
>>
>> Drupal is in ports. It is already used within the standard network
>> (pugs), is themeable, and for what Peter wants is a frankly perfect
>> choice.
>>
> I still wonder why the web stuff for the postgres site seems so sticked
> to PHP. My personal opinion is it just does not match up with the
> overall quality of the project. But sure I can't say much on the
> expertise of the web and system team when it comes to scripting
> languages and web frameworks.

Today, I'd say the main reason it looks the way it does is legacy. We
have code. It's looked that way for a while. nad it works pretty well.

I'm more concerned about the html/layout side of things where we
currently don't have anybody who *really* knows how things are tied
together between the HTML and the CSS. It's very much a guessing game
whenever we try to change something... So if you want to offer your
services, that's a good place to start :D

/Magnus