Postmaster exit code 128 on Windows 2003 Server

From: Roberto Mariano <roberto1437(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postmaster exit code 128 on Windows 2003 Server
Date: 2008-10-02 11:51:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am running Postgresql 8.3.0 in a Windows 2003 Server (64bit). Database is being replicated with Slony-I. The main application was developed in php 5.2 and uses the php standard pgsql.dll connector to database. There are a few client-server processes that also uses the database.

Everything works fine, until in a while a server process fails with "exit code 128". At this point the other postmaster finish and postgres reinitiates. But when reinitiating postgres finds shared buffers allocated by another process and the service can not recover.

Somebody had found this problem and can help me?

Thank you very much.

Roberto Mariano.

Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable