Re: [SPAM] Re: GIT mirror not updating

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: GIT mirror not updating
Date: 2008-12-22 17:40:27
Lists: pgsql-www

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Kris Jurka wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>
>>> Perhaps now is a good time to give up on these scripts, rebuild the
>>> repository using git-cvsimport?
>>
>> My experience with git-cvsimport has been poor. For me it often puts
>> commits on the wrong branches. It uses the first commit to the branch
>> as the branch start time, so a branch will show commits to head as
>> being on the branch until the first commit to the branch.
>
> I just tried running git-cvsimport on the PG repository, and I can see
> what you mean. You're right, that's not acceptable.

I hacked cvsps a little bit, to move the first commit on the branch
right after the correct branch point, before writing the output. This is
a hack, but seems to work at least for the PG repository.

I'm not sure if we want to run a hacked version of cvsps. But then
again, the current conversion isn't exactly error-free either, and we're
missing tags...

--
Heikki Linnakangas

Attachment Content-Type Size
move-first-branch-commit-after-branchpoint-1.patch text/x-diff 2.8 KB