Re: postgresql-8.1-413.jdbc3.jar ignoring setPrepareThreshold();

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Jeremiah Jahn <jeremiah(dot)jahn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql-8.1-413.jdbc3.jar ignoring setPrepareThreshold();
Date: 2008-12-18 23:56:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Jeremiah Jahn wrote:
> I have slight problem on a postgresql-server-8.1.11-1PGDG.rhel4 db.
> The first statement below runs fine. But the second two statements
> return no results. When these statement are not run as prepared
> statements they work fine. I need to run them as a prepared statement
> because of the parameterization, but I don't want the server to cache
> the prepared nature of the statements. These statements worked fine on
> an old 7.3 driver. The only differendce I could see was that the driver
> didn't prepare them.

It's not at all clear what you are trying to do here or what exactly the
problem you see is.

For example, from the server logs, the driver is not using named
statements for *any* of those queries, which seems to contradict what
you're describing. And the queries are identical. And you haven't given
any parameter values or any of your code to look at. So it's impossible
to diagnose anything from that.

Do you have a selfcontained testcase that shows the problem?

-O