Re: Re: How to insert Images(bnp,png,etc) into Postgresql and how to retrive the inserted Imaged using C#.net

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: venkat <ven(dot)tammineni(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: How to insert Images(bnp,png,etc) into Postgresql and how to retrive the inserted Imaged using C#.net
Date: 2008-12-18 16:15:18
Lists: pgsql-sql

venkat wrote:
> HI Milen,
>
> Thanks for your great response,I do not find anything like insert
> images.. I have seen the whole tutorial..Please can you give me some
> example to insert images into postgresql.
>
> I am waiting for your great response.

PostgreSQL has a general binary datatype called "bytea". There is no
specific data type of "image", "jpg", "png", etc.

It is up to you to read the binary data, be it images, audio, or
whatever and store them in your "bytea" column. As previously suggested,
scroll down to the part titled "Working with binary data and bytea
datatype" and try the example code there. Just feed it your images as
input and all should be good.

Cheers,
Steve