tracking last_autovacuum

From: Stefano Nichele <stefano(dot)nichele(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: tracking last_autovacuum
Date: 2008-12-18 13:02:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,
in pg_stat_all_tables, the fields last_autovacuum, last_autoanalyze are
updated any time autovacuum vacuums a table.
I would like to keep an history of these activities in order to see when
and how many times any single table is vacuumed.

Is there any features that can help me ? (I'm using postgres 8.2.9)

What about creating a trigger on pg_stat_all_tables and storing the
required info in another table (like autovacuum_history) ?

Cheers,
ste