Re: TurnKey PostgreSQL: new installable live CD optimized for easy of use

From: Liraz Siri <liraz(at)turnkeylinux(dot)org>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TurnKey PostgreSQL: new installable live CD optimized for easy of use
Date: 2008-12-08 17:47:20
Lists: pgsql-general

> This sounds great. If I wind up with a big machine to test it on I'll
> tell you how it goes.

Thanks, though you don't necessarily have to wait for a "big machine" if
you just want to give the appliance a go. A little machine or even a
virtual machine should do.

> Are you familiar with this bug:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/linux/+bug/245779
>
> It's the reason my latest db servers are running Centos 5.2, sadly.
> By the time I'd found the suggested workaround of setting a boot
> option of NO_HZ=y I was already migrated off ubuntu for db servers.

No, I wasn't familiar with the bug. Very strange. I've been using Hardy
with that kernel for a few months and have yet to come across it...

Cheers,
Liraz