Re: Enabling Multibyte in postgresql / drupal Mac OS X Leopard stack

From: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: jeroen(at)madmemelabs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enabling Multibyte in postgresql / drupal Mac OS X Leopard stack
Date: 2008-12-02 21:59:03
Lists: pgsql-php

jeroen(at)madmemelabs(dot)com wrote:
> I recently downloaded and installed postgresql and drupal and
> mediawiki for Mac OS Leopard, using the stack from postgresql.org.
>
> It is very cool!
>
> However, the drupal admin states that php multibyte strings (mbstring)
> is not enabled.
> I tried following the instructions on various searches, without success.
>
> If any one has been able to enable php mbstring on Mac OS Leopard php
> for drupal / mediawiki, using postgresql as their dbs, please let me
> know.

mb* functions are something that are either there or not, it's not an
extension you can install later on for php.

To get it, you have to recompile php.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/mbstring.installation.php

You can see if it's enabled at all by creating a phpinfo page and
viewing it in your browser and search for 'multibyte'. If it's not
there, you don't have it and you have to recompile php.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/