PiTR and other architectures....

From: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: PiTR and other architectures....
Date: 2008-12-02 12:02:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Having just tried to restore a 64 bit BSD database to a 32 bit linux
machine (using PiTR), I have now realized the (with hindsight, obvious)
error in my ways.

Now, I need to plan a way forward. From reading of other peoples similar
problems, I now realize that I need a system with identical on-disk
formats. Question is:

Is there a simple way to determine compatibility? (eg. a small
well-defined list of requirements)

In the specific instance I am working with, I'd like to copy from 64 bit
AMD BSD system to a 64 bit Linux system.

Philip Warner