Re: [martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar: BUG in logs]

From: Martin Marques <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar: BUG in logs]
Date: 2006-04-11 22:18:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

OK, you're right about the log_min_error_statement value, but this behaviour has changed from 8.0. In earlier versions ERROR statements did get logged if log_statment was set to all or in 7.4, set to "on" DMaybe I missed something in the changelog of 8.1?

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 23:51:51 +0200, "Guillaume Smet" <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> From: Martin Marques <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
>> I encountered a rare BUG in the way PG is logging. Let me first enlight
> with some configuration I have and PG version:
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something but I think it's not a bug but a
> configuration problem.
>
>> log_min_error_statement | panic
>
> If you set this one to error instead of panic, you will have your
> failed statements logged.
>
>> log_statement | all
>
> This one only logs successful queries so it's normal you don't have
> the statement in the log file if it fails.
>
> Regards,

Lic. Martín Marqués | SELECT 'mmarques' ||
Centro de Telemática | '@' || 'unl.edu.ar';
Universidad Nacional | DBA, Programador,
del Litoral | Administrador