Re: executing SELECT xmlelement(name foo); causes "server closed the connection unexpectedly" Error

From: Sushil <sdive(at)vertex(dot)co(dot)in>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: executing SELECT xmlelement(name foo); causes "server closed the connection unexpectedly" Error
Date: 2008-11-21 10:27:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

xmlNewTextWriterMemory might be causing this issue.

I have following details in this regard.

the query works on postgres 8.3 installation on a system with following
libxml2 istalled

libxml2-2.6.26-2.1.2
libxml2-python-2.6.26-2.1.2
libxml2-2.6.26-2.1.2

its a Centos 5.1 environment.

the system on which this issue is appearing has following libxml2 RPMs
installed

libxml2-2.6.26-2.1.2.1
libxml2-python-2.6.26-2.1.2.1
libxml2-2.6.26-2.1.2.1

please note that system where the issue is has libxml2 library with
higher version.

to see if this higher version is causing the issue, i installed these
RPMs on earlier system (where the select query works). the query still
worked.

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Sushil wrote:
>> *postgres: postgres testdb [local] SELECT: symbol lookup error:
>> postgres: postgres testdb [local] SELECT: undefined symbol:
>> xmlNewTextWriterMemory*
>
> Your problem appears to be here. Check you libxml installation.
> Maybe someone forgot to export this symbol.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message all copies of this message and any attachments.

Attachment Content-Type Size
sdive.vcf text/x-vcard 216 bytes