Re: CVS can't be built on mingw

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS can't be built on mingw
Date: 2008-11-16 14:52:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jaime Casanova wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IIRC, ^M is the EOL character on windows. latest cvs failed to compile
> in my mingw env because src/backend/utils/Gen_dummy_probes.sed had
> that character, i had to manually remove it to continue.
>
> Besides, http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-11/msg00175.php
> added the need of having perl to build on mingw. That wasn't the case
> before, maybe we need a warning in the configure just as we do now
> with bison and flex?

If there is a ^M in that file then your cvs program probably put it
there. It is not present in my copy on mingw. Which cvs program are you
using?

(EOL in text files on Windows is ^M^J in fact, not ^M alone.)

Perl has been required for a long time to build from CVS. It is used to
build psql help. This is not a new requirement.

cheers

andrew