Re: Seeking volunteer designer

From: "damien(at)dalibo(dot)info" <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Seeking volunteer designer
Date: 2008-11-13 19:39:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus a écrit :
> Folks,
>
> I'm finally getting ready to roll with some new case studies for the
> PostgreSQL website. However, the only case study layout and graphic
> design I have is binary-only.
>
> I really need someone to help design a template for PostgreSQL case
> studies in OpenOffice or Inkscape, so that we can use it to lay out
> future case studies. Someone with good professional design skills.
>
> Anyone?

I wouldn't describe my skills as professional but i'm a Scribus fanboy.

Here's some stuff i've done for PostgreSQL.fr :

http://pgday.fr/lib/exe/fetch.php/programme.pdf?id=programme
http://postgresql.fr/_media/pgsql_vs_mysql.pdf?id=differences_entre_postgresql_et_mysql

I've also used Inkscape to make this poster :

http://svn.postgresqlfr.org/repos/materials/advocacy/trunk/posters/reasons.svg

However i think Inkscape is not the best tool for a case study layout.

Anyway i'd be more than happy to help :-)

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com