Re: auto_explain contrib moudle

From: Martin Pihlak <martin(dot)pihlak(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: auto_explain contrib moudle
Date: 2008-11-07 20:23:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jeff Davis wrote:
> It's logged at the LOG level, just like log_min_duration_statement, and
> seems to have the same behavior. What do you think it should do
> differently?

There was actually a patch to disable the psql notices, but there were
some concerns and I think it was removed:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-07/msg01264.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-09/msg01752.php

Patch is at:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-08/msg01274.php
and seems to get rid of the annoying messages. If there aren't any
major issues with it, I think it should be re-added.

regards,
Martin