Re: [sysadmins] new mailing list procedure

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, sysadmins(at)postgresql(dot)org, josh(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-11-05 19:39:01
Lists: pgsql-www

Alvaro,

>> The -rrreviewers list exists to assign patches to volunteer Round Robin
>> Reviewers (which you would know if you'd bothered to read the list
>> description, or the RRR wiki page).
>
> Hey, I came up with the list description out of thin air ;-)

Huh? There's a full description on the listserv, from the creation of
the list. Are you not able to access that?

> 1. the traffic is very low

I'm not concerned about the impact it would have on -hackers. I am
concerned about reviewers missing their assignments because -hackers is
~~100 posts/day. Also, --rrreviews makes it easy and clear how to join
as an RRR; you subscribe to the mailing list (see RRR wiki page).

> 2. reviews have started being crossposted to -rrreviewers and -hackers
> (worse yet, posted only to the former)

Oh, you're right, the cross-posting is annoying. Have posted behavioral
correction to --rrreviewers.

Again, --rrr is not an ideal solution. We need commitfest software
which is capable of e-mailing people. But an --rrr list is much better
than relying on my private mailbox.

--Josh