Re: The suppress_redundant_updates_trigger() works incorrectly

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The suppress_redundant_updates_trigger() works incorrectly
Date: 2008-11-05 17:56:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The suppress_redundant_updates_trigger() works incorrectly
>> on the table defined with "WITH_OIDS" option.
>>

> Good catch!
>
> I think ideally we'd just adjust the comparison to avoid the system
> attributes.
>
> I'll have a look to see if it can be done simply.

The attached patch sets the OID to InvalidOid for the duration of the
memcmp if the HEAP_HASOID flag is set, and restores it afterwards.

That seems to handle the problem.

There's also an added regression test for the Oids case.

If there's no objection I'll apply this shortly.

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size
min-update4.patch text/x-patch 4.4 KB