postgresql installation - PL/???

From: Tom Allison <tom(at)tacocat(dot)net>
To: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgresql installation - PL/???
Date: 2008-11-04 22:37:20
Lists: pgsql-general

This should be a dumb question:

--with-perl

I don't see that I have to do this in order to load pl/perl as a
function/trigger language option. So I should assume that this will
compile pl/perl in rather than having it available as a loadable
function. Nice for optimizations?

I'm assuming this is the case because there is no option for something
like PL/Ruby support, but Ruby is available as a loadable function.

And should I also be able to assume that PL/PgSQL is compiled into
postgresql?

so I don't really need to use any particular flags, with the probable
exception of --with-ssl?