Mailing list clarification

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: US PostgreSQL Association <pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2008-10-28 16:29:12
Lists: pgus-general

Hello,

There is some apparent confusion going around about the mailing lists. I
think this is my fault and thought I would try and clear it up. There
are several lists that are all about PgUS. They are:

pgus-general : This list. General discussion, let's rock, let's love
community, go to burning man, storm the towers and hunt dolphins. All
are welcome.

members(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)us : This is a member announce list. It is
moderated. It is also the list I think caused the confusion. This list
is used only to send out occasional communications to the professional
and student members. It is not a "community" list.

In short the members@ list is for general corporate communications that
are not of a discussion type nature. Discussion should happen on
pgus-general, in all its public and archived glory.

We could use pgsql-announce for that but I didn't want to spam the
global community for a notice about PgUS voting. Vote results sure but a
standard reminder? Seems like spam to the -announce list.

board : The board list. I think this is obvious.

etc...

I have also cleaned up the mailing list page on the PgUS website to help
this along: https://www.postgresql.us/mailinglists

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake