8.3.x log maintenance

From: Steve Clark <sclark(at)netwolves(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 8.3.x log maintenance
Date: 2008-10-27 13:19:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have postgres logging into data/pg_log/ which works great. My question is there
and option that tells postgres to only keep the last "n" log files? Or does someone
have a script that be run daily to remove the older log files so that I only end up
with "n" log files?

Thanks,
Steve

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = on # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog
# into log files. Required to be on for
# csvlogs.
# (change requires restart)

# These are only used if logging_collector is on:
log_directory = 'pg_log' # directory where log files are written,
# can be absolute or relative to PGDATA
log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log' # log file name pattern,
# can include strftime() escapes
log_truncate_on_rotation = off # If on, an existing log file of the
# same name as the new log file will be
# truncated rather than appended to.
# But such truncation only occurs on
# time-driven rotation, not on restarts
# or size-driven rotation. Default is
# off, meaning append to existing files
# in all cases.
log_rotation_age = 1d # Automatic rotation of logfiles will
# happen after that time. 0 to disable.
log_rotation_size = 10MB # Automatic rotation of logfiles will
# happen after that much log output.
# 0 to disable.