Re: OK to share press contacts?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
Cc: Chander Ganesan <chander(dot)ganesan(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OK to share press contacts?
Date: 2008-10-21 17:04:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Jean-Paul,

> This way, your friend (or whoever) will not have directly the names nor
> e-mails. But if he(she/they) do write things well like "if you want more
> info, please mail me at..." the interested people may contact him directly?

That's actually more of a problem than not. If I send the e-mail, it's
a *personal* endorsement by me of his project ... and since I haven't
worked on the project, that seems unwise.

> Because one problem I see there is that your contacts trust you, but you
> may ask them before giving their names or e-mails to a third party. And
> this could take days for a 100+ e-mails list.

Well, he'd get a filtered version of the list. Some of the people on my
list aren't formal journalists, and others are database-only.

> IMHO, this problem is not so trivial and needs thinking. The keypoint is
> privacy and how we may share contacts inside the project.

Privacy? I am talking about a list of *journalists*.

--Josh