Re: contrib/pg_stat_statements

From: Martin Pihlak <martin(dot)pihlak(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: contrib/pg_stat_statements
Date: 2008-10-20 15:15:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
> I'd like to submit pg_stat_statements contrib module, that counts up
> incoming statements in shared memory and summarizes the result as a view.
> It is just a statements-version of pg_stat_user_functions.

Nice work! There is one feature I'd like to request -- we need to be able
to also track nested statements. This would greatly simplify diagnosing
performance problems in complex stored procedures. Perhaps the GUC
track_statements could be made an enum - none, top, all?

PS. Similar feature would be useful for auto-explain as well.

regards,
Martin