Re: Chart of Accounts

From: justin <justin(at)emproshunts(dot)com>
To: Isak Hansen <isak(dot)hansen(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Chart of Accounts
Date: 2008-10-14 15:07:04
Lists: pgsql-general

because a credit account is a liability account aka a negative account
so credit a credit account causes it to go UP not down. Look a your
bank statement it says Credit you $500 when you make a deposit its a
debit to you a credit to the bank in a credit account as its a liability
to the bank.

to be way over general Credits are negative entries and Debits are
positive entries.

Another Way to think about it is Are you Exporting or Importing, it
depends on which side of the equations you are on. When ever i try to
explain importing and exporting to the accountants its my sweet revenge
:-).