Canceling statement due to user request?

From: Bastiaan Olij <lists(at)basenlily(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Canceling statement due to user request?
Date: 2008-10-07 22:12:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me with this. I did some googling and did find
something about bug #3790 that may be related to this but not sure.

Anyways, I've got a process that loads up loads of data into my
database. Its been running fine for awhile but since I recently
installed 8.3.4 on my vista machine I'm getting this error.
The process simply starts a transaction, loads up 100 records, commits,
and repeats this for a couple of thousand records.

At some point, and it seems to change, I get a "Canceling statement due
to user request" error, usually on the commit. Now there certainly is no
user involved, the machine doing this is just sitting in a corner being
left alone, and its the only thing logged onto the database at that
time, so I am mystified where this is suddenly coming from.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,

Bastiaan Olij
e-mail/MSN: bastiaan(at)basenlily(dot)nl
web: http://www.basenlily.nl
Skype: Mux213
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bastiaanolij