Re: ODBC Driver crash with MS Access 2007 (from GENERAL)

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC Driver crash with MS Access 2007 (from GENERAL)
Date: 2008-10-02 01:40:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Hi Craig,
> Which version of psqlodbc driver are you using ?

That would've been clever to provide, yes. Especially given how I
grumble when people fail to provide such details.

The psqlODBC driver version is 8.3.3.0 (containing libpq 8.3.4.8263).

Both systems are XP SP3 hosts running fully patched Access 2007. Both
are connecting to a PostgreSQL 8.3.3 server running on a Linux host. One
is on real physical hardware that's otherwise been utterly reliable; the
other is a kvm virtual machine that's similarly solid.

Interestingly, I didn't observe this issue when connecting to a server
running locally on the Window dev machine that hosts Access during
earlier development. It was only once I switched to a DSN pointing to a
remote server running on a Linux machine that issues arose.

I'll send you the mylog output off-list shortly.

--
Craig Ringer