Re: circular stderr logging - truncation issue

From: vk <vk(dot)mlists(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: circular stderr logging - truncation issue
Date: 2008-09-27 01:11:18
Lists: pgsql-general

note, I tried both with "#log_rotation_size = 10MB " -
commented/default, and then enabled it as per documentation page both
having similar result - no truncation.
there is example on that documentation page that suggests that both size
and time based rotation could be possible while truncation is enabled -
which seem to contradict configuration's file comments:
log_truncate_on_rotation = on # If on, an existing log file of the
# same name as the new log file
will be
# truncated rather than appended to.
# But such truncation only occurs on
# time-driven rotation, not on
restarts
# or size-driven rotation.
Default is
# off, meaning append to
existing files
# in all cases.

Also, in my original post there was a typo: I'm watching pg_log/ dir "
, not pg_logs/ dir

Thanks!