Debian packages for Postgres 8.2

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Debian packages for Postgres 8.2
Date: 2008-09-23 20:56:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm running several productive servers on Debian etch (stable) with
Postgres 8.2 which has been in lenny (testing) and made available for
etch through the backports project [1]. Unfortunately, they discontinued
maintaining 8.2 and switched to 8.3 in testing and thus also for the
backports.

As I don't currently want to switch to 8.3 due to the involved downtime
and upgrading troubles involved. So I've compiled up to date Debian
packages for Postgres 8.2.10. You can get them (maybe just temporarily)
from here: http://www.bluegap.ch/debian, I'm providing packages as
etch-backports for amd64 and i386. Upgrading from earlier 8.2 backports
should work just fine.

I'm trying to convince the backports people to re-add Postgres 8.2. As
soon as that happens my own repository will probably disappear again.

Please drop me a note if you are interested in 8.2 for etch. (Postgres
8.3 should become available via the backports within a few days, I guess).

Regards

Markus Wanner

[1]: backports of newer software for stable Debian versions:
http://www.backports.org