Re: [Review] pgbench duration option

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Ragnar <gnari(at)hive(dot)is>
Subject: Re: [Review] pgbench duration option
Date: 2008-09-11 10:12:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
> Here is a revised version of the pgbench duration patch.

Looking at the Win32 timer implementation, it's a bit different from the
one we have in src/backend/port/win32/timer.c. The one in timer.c uses a
separate thread and WaitForSingleObjectEx() to wait, while your
implementation uses CreateTimerQueue() and CreateTimerQueueTimer().
Yours seems simpler, so I wonder why the timer.c is different?

It's not too bad as it is in the patch, but it would be nice to put the
setitimer() implementation into src/port, and use the same code in the
backend as well.

--
Heikki Linnakangas