Stack not being popped correctly (was: Re: [HACKERS] plpgsql lacks generic identifier for record in triggers...)

From: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: PGBugs List <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Stack not being popped correctly (was: Re: [HACKERS] plpgsql lacks generic identifier for record in triggers...)
Date: 2004-11-25 01:42:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

> [snip] Err... wait, this is a classic case of send first then
> finishing to pondering the gripe.

And sending a reply to ones self without actually testing my suggestion.

>> db=# CREATE FUNCTION schma.tbl_inval() RETURNS TRIGGER AS 'BEGIN
>> EXECUTE public.mc_init();
>> EXECUTE public.mc_delete(''mc_key'');
>> RETURN NULL;
>> END;' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
>> db=# CREATE TRIGGER tbl_inval_trg AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE OR DELETE ON
>> schma.tbl FOR EACH STATEMENT EXECUTE PROCEDURE schma.tbl_inval();

Which, doesn't work as expected as it seems as though there's something
left behind on the stack that shouldn't be. Here's the case to
reproduce (doesn't involve pgmemcache):

test=# CREATE TABLE t5 (i int);
Time: 35.294 ms
test=# CREATE FUNCTION t5_func() RETURNS TRIGGER AS 'BEGIN EXECUTE
TRUE; RETURN NULL; END;' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
Time: 101.701 ms
test=# CREATE TRIGGER t5_func_trg AFTER INSERT ON t5 FOR EACH STATEMENT
EXECUTE PROCEDURE t5_func();
Time: 62.345 ms
test=# INSERT INTO t5 VALUES (1);
ERROR: syntax error at or near "t" at character 1
QUERY: t
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "t5_func" line 1 at execute statement
LINE 1: t
^
Doh! Can someone with plpgsql foo look into this? -sc

--
Sean Chittenden