Re: BUG #4393: failed toget system metics for terminal services:87

From: Russell Smith <mr-russ(at)pws(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Hemavathi B N <alameenlibrary(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4393: failed toget system metics for terminal services:87
Date: 2008-09-02 07:21:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hemavathi B N wrote:

> Bug reference: 4393
> Logged by: Hemavathi B N
> Email address: alameenlibrary(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0
> Operating system: windows 2003
> Details:
>
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am not able to install the postgresql
> because of " to get system metics for terminal services:87" this error.
>
> What is it? Please help me out in this
>

> Looking for earliest response
>
> Thanking you,
>
> Hemavathi B N
> 080 22297368

My guess is that you are not installing from the console, but are using
terminal services. I don't think you can install from a terminal
services connection. Try installing directly from the console. If you
aren't able to sit in front of the machine, there is a way in win2003+
to allow you to connect directly to the console using remote desktop. I
don't remember what it is. Google should help you there though.

Regards

Russell