Can I truncate statements in the log?

From: Howard Cole <howardnews(at)selestial(dot)com>
To: 'PgSql General' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can I truncate statements in the log?
Date: 2008-09-01 17:10:51
Lists: pgsql-general

As part of my log configuration, I log statements that take over 3
seconds. I find this very useful for optimising tables etc. The problem
is that it produces verbatim some very large statements which can create
huge log entries, which are probably responsible themselves for slowing
the system down. The problem tend to be insert statements for binary
objects - which can be Megabytes long.

Is it possible to stop logging these excessive insert statements
somehow, or restricting the log of statements to select, delete etc and
ignore inserts.

Thanks.

Howard.