Re: Easy upgrade on Cpanel *without* downtime

From: Tomasz Ostrowski <tometzky(at)batory(dot)org(dot)pl>
To: Phoenix Kiula <phoenix(dot)kiula(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Easy upgrade on Cpanel *without* downtime
Date: 2008-08-26 12:02:02
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2008-08-26 13:39, Phoenix Kiula wrote:

> Ok done. Slony is installed. Now what?

http://www.slony.info/documentation/versionupgrade.html
I think nobody would guide you step by step. Either read documentation
and do it yourself or hire an expert:
http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support

> I was also told that the postgresql.conf settings across 8.2 and 8.3
> are different so I cannot (or should not) use the same old
> postgresql.conf for the new database install.

Find out what changes were made to your old postgresql.conf (compare it
to the default) and make the same changes to new posgresql.conf.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you