Re: What in the world is happening on spoonbill?

From: Steven Lembark <lembark(at)wrkhors(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What in the world is happening on spoonbill?
Date: 2008-08-24 14:45:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Are we in the business of excluding text-based browsers? Or obsolete
>> ones, for that matter?

I don't think we would want to be in the business of
dealing successfully with every quirk of every browser
ever released.

Another way to look at it is supporting standards:
If graphical browsers support at least HTML and CSS,
maybe ecmascript, then they are supportable. If text
based ones can handle the necessary alt tags then we
can also support them.

Beyond that, do you really want to document and code
around every quirk in MSIE 1.0, Netscape 0.50, or any
of the now-extinct text-based browsers for MSDOS?

--
Steven Lembark 85-09 90th St.
Workhorse Computing Woodhaven, NY, 11421