Re: Large number of tables slow insert

From: dforum <dforums(at)vieonet(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Loic Petit <tls(dot)wydd(at)free(dot)fr>, max(at)nts(dot)biz(dot)ua, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Large number of tables slow insert
Date: 2008-08-24 14:31:14
Lists: pgsql-performance

hello to all,

I've a question regarding the folowing comments.

How to estimate vacuum aggressiveness ?

It's for me very deficulte to setup the autovaccum setting correctly. It
seems for me that it is not enough aggressive, but when I change the
settings the autovacuum process is almost always running.

So how to setup it, for around 40000 insert, update, delete per 5 minutes

regards

david