Re: Support for integrated tsearch configuration

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for integrated tsearch configuration
Date: 2008-08-11 19:49:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> [...]
>> Why are the PL/pgsql specific keywords out of the pgadmin/db/keywords.c and
>> pgadmin/include/parser/keywords.h files? And why are the EnterpriseDB
>> specific keywords in these files and not in a wxString like the PL/pgsql
>> ones?
>
> Because they are 'real' keywords as far as Postgres is concerned and
> are used for quoting rules. FYI I've written a backend function for
> 8.4 which should simplify the maintenance of this list (well,
> eliminate it in fact) - just need to add support to pgAdmin.

Yep, I've seen this on pgsql-hackers list. It was on the july commit
fest (pg_get_keywords() function).

> [...]
>>> - The Dictionaries textbox is oddly sized on the Tokens tab of the
>>> Configuration.
>>>
>> Some explanations on the Dictionaries textbox. I wanted to have a real
>> textbox, so that anyone can type what they want in it (moreover, in the
>> order they want to have the dictionaries) and so that, if they choose
>> something in the combobox, it won't replace the actual content of the
>> textbox.
>
> OK. BTW, if you use the combo when there's nothing in the textbox, you
> get a leading ','

Fixed.

>> So, I shrinked the combobox to the lowest I can, so that users can't see the
>> text of the combobox, and I added a textbox before the combo box. I'm not
>> sure this is the best way to do it. I'm a bit afraid of some UI issues but I
>> didn't see one at the moment. And size seems good to me.
>>
>> Can you send me a screenshot of your issue? Thanks.
>
> Attached. The top alignment of the button is different fromt he real
> combo box above, and the right hand side of it is partially obscured
> which makes it look a little odd.

OK, I see what you mean. I had to replace the ctlComboBox with a
wxChoice component which integrates better.

New patch on:
http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/fts_20080811.patch.bz2

--
Guillaume.