DB Analysis

From: Arjun Datta <arjun(at)greatgulfhomes(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DB Analysis
Date: 2008-08-07 18:40:04
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I need to analyse a development DB which runs a whole slew of queries.

It is Postgres 8.2 running on Fedora Core 8 2.6.23.1-42 on a 64 bit AMD
Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ machine with 4GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM.

I need to figure out how long queries take, should take, etc etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction - either a resource that I
can read and get an idea from or a tool I can run.

For example, if someone is running a piece of code that affects say,
1000 records in a table, how long should it take ? Is it possible to
answer that question ? If so, how would I analyse it ?

--
Regards,

Arjun Datta