Re: query planner not using the correct index

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Joshua Shanks <jjshanks(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: query planner not using the correct index
Date: 2008-08-07 02:47:22
Lists: pgsql-performance

Joshua Shanks wrote:
> This query is run on a test system just after a backup of the database
> has been restored and it does exactly what I expect it to do

[snip]

Obvious questions:

- Have you changed the random page cost on either installation?

- Have both installations had VACUUM ANALYZE run recently?

- Are the stats targets the same on both installations?

- Do both installations have similar shared buffers, total available
RAM info, etc?

--
Craig Ringer