Re: Dialogs review

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dialogs review
Date: 2008-08-01 21:46:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Here is a patch that merges all the others. I don't see another way to do it
>> without completely loosing track of the version of each individual patch.
>>
>> This patch fixes the display issues on Mac OS X. It adds a few other dialogs
>> (dlgColumn, dlgConversion, dlgDatabase, dlgDomain).
>
> dlgCast/dlgConversion/dlgColumn/dlgDomain:
>
> - If you look closely, there is some inconsistency with the label top
> positions relative to the control tops. For example, on OSX, the top
> of the 'n' on the end lines up with the top of the combobox on
> dlgCast. Other labels are similarly high, though it seems to vary.

I don't know a way to get rid of this without going back to
wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL. My patch now has this align parameter.

> Aside from that, they're ready to go.
>
> dlgDatabase:
>
> - The wxListCtrl problem is present on the variables tab.

Yes, that's the biggest issue I have.

> - The boolean variable checkbox doesn't display at all on my Mac.

Hum, sorry. My patch disables it.

> - The text variable checkbox is too small on the variables tab (missing border)
> - Vertical alignment of labels is a little out.

Fixed.

> - Privileges tab doesn't resize yet (but I guess you know that!)

Remains to be done.

>> Remaining issue:
>> * wxListCtrl can grow but doesn't want to shrink
>
> If we can get a reproducible small test case, we might be able to get
> this looked at.

I need to work on this. With the text search work, I know how to add a
small dialog :)

>> New issue:
>> * doing anything with chkValue (hiding, showing, changing the value) on
>> dlgDatabase cause a crash
>
> Couldn't reproduce - assuming this is the checkbox on the variables
> tab when a boolean guc is selected, I couldn't even get it to display
> on the Mac. Have you tried a 'make clean; make all' after rebuilding
> xrcdialogs.cpp? That can sometimes help.

Nope, it didn't.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org