Re: should i need to install xml library in postgresql inorder to work on xml file?

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: avin_friends(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: postgresql Forums <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: should i need to install xml library in postgresql inorder to work on xml file?
Date: 2008-07-28 17:36:48
Lists: pgsql-general

On 28/07/2008 17:25, aravind chandu wrote:

> I installed postgresql on my sytem,I need to parse an xml
> file.When I am working on xpath() it is showing an error that function
> is notfound and i tried almost all xml functions in postgresql but it is
> giving me the same result.why so ? should I have to install any xml
> library inorder to avoid this?Please tell me its very important for me.

A five-second scan of the docs reveals the following:

"Use of many of these functions requires the installation to have been
built with configure --with-libxml."[1]

Are you in a position to see whether this was done on your installation?

Ray.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/functions-xml.html

rod(at)iol(dot)ie