Are CSV logs supported in the PgAdmin log viewer?

From: "Robert Walker" <r(dot)walker(at)mtcworldwide(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Are CSV logs supported in the PgAdmin log viewer?
Date: 2011-01-04 19:29:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I'm using PgAdmin 1.12.2 with PostgreSQL 9.0.2 on Windows XP Pro 32bit.
When I edit postgresql.conf and set log_destination to 'csvlog' and
restart the server, Postgres then writes its logs to CSV files and
leaves blank .log files in the same directory. When I open PgAdmin and
go to "server status" and view the log window, the log window always
remains blank. The log window does not seem to be reading CSV log files.
This problem does not occur if log_desintation is set to 'stderr'.

Are CSV log files handled by current versions of PgAdmin? I'd like to
switch to always using CSV files rather than stderr so that the logs are
easily analyzed by development tools.

Looking at the mail archive, it looks like there had been discussion
about this in 2009 and that some patches were commited. Yet it doesn't
work whenever I try it. Is there some configuration option I'm missing?
The CSV logs are being written, I know that much, but it's just that
PgAdmin doesn't recognize them.
http://www.mail-archive.com/pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org/msg13584.html

Robert Walker
Database Administrator / System Analyst
Materials Transportation Company
254-771-1204 ext 11
r(dot)walker(at)mtcworldwide(dot)com

DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information
that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any
information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy the original communication and its
attachments without reading, printing or saving in any manner. This
communication does not form any contractual obligation on behalf of the
sender, the sender's employer, or the employer's parent company,
affiliates or subsidiaries.