Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Asko Oja <ascoja(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)krosing(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution?
Date: 2008-07-25 14:17:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Asko Oja wrote:
> Hi
>
> One of reasons to get PL/proxy into core is to make it available to
> Windows users also.
> The idea is to get to the situation
>
> createlang plproxy mydb
>
> If we can achieve this without putting plproxy into core then i would
> like to hear how.

The same way you would for any other module. This is a non-argument.

If you want to be able to do it without building your own, then you
would need to ask the Windows Installer guys (Dave and Magnus) to
include it - they already include lots of non-core stuff, including at
least one PL, IIRC.

cheers

andrew