Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From: Alexey Klyukin <alexk(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Press-regional(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release
Date: 2012-08-07 12:17:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi,

On Aug 2, 2012, at 2:39 AM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.
>
> Regional contacts need to be responsible for translating advocacy
> materials, as well as for contacting the press, bloggers and aggregation
> sites about the release on release day. 9.2 will most likely be
> released in September.

I've noticed there is no RC for Ukraine (as well as other countries that used to be a part of the USSR). I'm not sure if Nikolay (RC for Russia) sends press-releases to journalists in these countries and handles their requests (if any) as well, if so, I certainly don't want to interfere with his work.

At present, we have a lot of people in Ukraine speaking Ukrainian as well as Russian and there are Ukrainian-only sites devoted to open-source software (linux.org.ua being the most prominent example). While I'm not a native Ukrainian speaker, I understand the language quite well to reply to requests in Ukrainian, as well as Russian, and can get the assistance of my family in translating press materials and reaching out to Ukrainian speaking communities. Furthermore, since I reside in Ukraine, it's easier for me to get contacted by local press and volunteers.

Therefore, unless there are objections or others willing to handle these duties, I'd like to become the RC for Ukraine.
My phone number is: +380 91 917-70-43.

--
Alexey Klyukin http://www.commandprompt.com
The PostgreSQL Company – Command Prompt, Inc.