Re: Problem loading ispell affix file with apostrophes

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq(at)caraldi(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Subject: Re: Problem loading ispell affix file with apostrophes
Date: 2008-07-22 18:31:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>> flag *D: # dй: dйfaire, dйgrossir
>> . > dй
>
>> flag *N: # йlision d'une nйgation
>> [aавeийкiоoфuh] > n' # je n'aime pas, il n'y a pas
>
>> Maybe apostrophes in ispell affix files are simply not supported?
>
> Looking at the code, apostrophe seems to be allowed as the first
> character of the REPL field, but not anywhere else (in particular,
> not after transitioning into PAE_INREPL state). Dunno if this is
> a bug or intentional.

Yeah, because original ispell tries to lexize words like "book's", but
apostrophe is a word-break character from our text parser. So, I just added this
special case to parser. But it seems to me we should allow apostrophe as word
character in replace field, may be in find field too.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/