Re: Mailing list hacked by spammer?

From: Craig James <craig_james(at)emolecules(dot)com>
To: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-07-18 17:40:33
Lists: pgsql-performance

Glyn Astill wrote:
> Most likely just a forged header or something, hardly hacked
> though is it.

Yes, hack is the correct term. The bad guys have hacked into the major email systems, including gmail, which was the origin of this spam:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/25/gmail_captcha_crack/

> I think you need to do some training:
> http://www2.b3ta.com/bigquiz/hacker-or-spacker/

Sending a link to a web site that plays loud rap music is not a friendly way to make your point.

Craig